|Seasons and Regulations|Turkey:
Youth Hunt: April 11-12, 2015. Two bearded turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 18-May 3, 2015. Two bearded turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
See Area Notes for Access Regulations
Deer Archery: Sept. 26, 2015-Feb. 29, 2016.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Two deer, no more than one buck, which may include:
• One buck with archery,
• Two does with archery.
Deer Notes: Three-point rule. No dogs.
Bear Archery: Sept. 26-Nov. 30, 2015.
Bear Notes: Statewide bag limit.
Nov. 1, 2015-Feb. 7, 2016. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2015-Feb. 29, 2016. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed.
May 15, 2015-Feb. 29, 2016. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48. Dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2015-Feb. 21,2016. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- Deer muzzleloader
- Deer modern gun
- Bear muzzleloader
- Bear modern gun
- Open for waterfowl hunting Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays during waterfowl season.
- Hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until noon, except the Special Youth Waterfowl Hunt and the last two days of the last duck season, when waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset.
- During duck season, other hunters may hunt only during the same hours and days as duck hunters, except for those trapping, squirrel hunting, bowhunting for deer and hunting furbearers at night.
- No boats allowed from 1 p.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 22-Jan. 25 and Jan. 31-Feb. 1.
- Exception - Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Jan. 23-25 and Jan. 31-Feb. 1.
- Closed to all access (except in designated campsites, parking areas, boat launch ramps and boat staging areas) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 22-Jan. 25 and Jan. 31-Feb. 1.
- Airboats may not be operated within Harris Brake WMA (excluding Harris Brake Lake) during duck season.
- Nonresidents need a Nonresident Wildlife Management Area Waterfowl Hunting Permit to hunt waterfowl.
- Harris Brake Lake is closed to hunting, except for Canada goose hunting Sept. 1-15.