|Name||Harris Brake WMA|
|Seasons and Regulations|Turkey:
Youth Hunt: April 13-14, 2013. Two bearded turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 20-May 5, 2013. Two bearded turkeys, no jakes (Youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal bag limit).
Nov. 17-25, Dec. 6-23, Dec. 26-Jan. 27
Deer Archery: Sept. 15-Feb. 28.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Two deer, no more than one buck, which may include:
• One buck with archery,
• Two does with archery.
Deer Notes: Three-point rule. No dogs.
Bear Archery: Sept. 15-Nov. 30, 2011.
Statewide bag limit. No dogs.
Nov. 1, 2012-Feb. 3, 2013.
Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed.
May 15, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014. Dogs allowed. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 3, 2012-Feb. 21,2013. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- Deer muzzleloader
- Deer modern gun
- Bear muzzleloader
- Bear modern gun
- Open for waterfowl hunting Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays during waterfowl season.
- Hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until noon, except the Special Youth Waterfowl Hunt and Jan. 27-29, when waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset.
- During duck season, other hunters may hunt only during the same hours and days as duck hunters, except for those trapping and hunting furbearers at night.
- Boats are not allowed from 1 p.m. until 4 a.m. during duck season (including opening days of season segments) although boats may be used from 4 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. during the Special Youth Waterfowl Hunt and Jan. 27-29.
- Airboats may not be operated within Harris Brake WMA (excluding Harris Brake Lake) during duck season.
- Nonresidents need a Nonresident Wildlife Management Area Waterfowl Hunting Permit to hunt waterfowl.
- Harris Brake Lake is closed to hunting, except for Canada goose hunting Sept. 1-15.
|Leased Land Permit Required||No|