|Name||Galla Creek WMA|
|Seasons and Regulations|Turkey:
Youth Hunt: April 9-10, 2016. One bearded turkey.
Firearms Hunt (permit required): April 16-18, April 23-25 and April 29-May 1, 2016. One bearded turkey.
Deer Archery: Sept. 24, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017.
Deer Modern Gun Hunt (permit hunt): Nov. 12-13, 2016.
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2016.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Three deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
• Two bucks with archery,
• Three does with archery.
• One buck and one doe with modern gun permit.
• During youth hunt, youths may take two deer, one buck (no antler restrictions) and one doe.
Three-point rule. No dogs.
Bear Archery: Sept. 24-Nov. 30, 2016.
Bear Modern Gun Hunt: Nov. 12-13, 2016 (deer permit holders only).
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2016 .
Bear Notes: Statewide bag limit. No dogs.
Nov. 1, 2016-Feb. 7, 2017. Weekends only. Daily limit 4. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 21, 2017. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- Deer muzzleloader
- Bear muzzleloader
- CWD regulations apply in Pope County. Click here for details.
- Nonresidents need a Nonresident Wildlife Management Area Waterfowl Hunting Permit to hunt waterfowl.
- Airboats may not be operated within Galla Creek WMA during duck season.
- No boats allowed from 1 p.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 21-Jan. 28.
- Exception – Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Dec. 5, Jan 29-31 and Feb. 6.
- Closed to all access (except in designated parking areas, boat launch ramps and boat staging areas) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 21-Jan. 31 and Feb. 6.
- Click here for boating regulations on WMAs
|Leased Land Permit Required||No|