Youth Hunt: April 8-9, 2017. One bearded turkey.
Firearms Hunt (permit required): April 10-12, April 15-17 and April 22-24, 2017. One bearded turkey, no jakes.
Deer Archery: Sept. 24, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017.
Deer Modern Gun Hunt (permit hunt): Nov. 12-13, 2016.
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2016.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Three deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
• Two bucks with archery,
• Three does with archery.
• One buck and one doe with modern gun permit.
• During youth hunt, youths may take two deer, one buck (no antler restrictions) and one doe.
Three-point rule. No dogs.
Bear Archery: Sept. 24-Nov. 30, 2016.
Bear Modern Gun Hunt: Nov. 12-13, 2016 (deer permit holders only).
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2016 .
Bear Notes: Statewide bag limit. No dogs.
Nov. 1, 2016-Feb. 5, 2017. Weekends only. Daily limit 4. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 21, 2017. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- Deer muzzleloader
- Bear muzzleloader
- CWD regulations apply in Pope County. Click here for details.
- It is unlawful to use any device that simulates wing movement or movement of any kind through electrical or mechanical means, except traditional jerk strings.
- Nonresidents need a Nonresident Wildlife Management Area Waterfowl Hunting Permit to hunt waterfowl.
- Airboats may not be operated within Galla Creek WMA during duck season.
- No boats allowed from noon to 4 a.m., Nov. 19-Jan. 29.
- Exception – Boats allowed from noon until 6:30 p.m., Dec. 3, Jan 27-29 and Feb. 4.
- Closed to all access (except in designated parking areas, boat launch ramps and boat staging areas) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 19-Jan. 29 and Feb. 4.
- Click here for boating regulations on WMAs