|Name||Fort Chaffee WMA|
|County Coverage||Crawford, Franklin, Sebastian|
|Seasons and Regulations|Turkey:
Youth Hunt: April 12-13, 2014. Two bearded turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 19-May 4, 2014. Two bearded turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
Deer Archery: Sept. 28, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014.
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunt): Nov. 23 and 24, 2013.
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 16 and 17, 2013.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
• Two bucks with archery,
• Four does with archery,
• One buck or doe during muzzleloader permit hunts,
• One buck or doe during modern gun permit hunts.
Deer Notes: Three-point rule. No dogs.
Dec. 1, 2013-Feb. 2, 2014. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2013-Feb. 21,2014. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- Waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset during waterfowl season.
- The Fort Chaffee Waterfowl Rest Area (located in Sportsmen’s Compartment 3) closes to access Nov 1-Feb. 15.
- The Fort Chaffee Maneuver Training Center (FCMTC) has updated the Policy Statement and the Sportsman’s Map. The updated documents are available from the Environmental Office (Building 1370) on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7 a.m.-3 p.m. and are displayed on the legal access gate bulletin boards.
- Persons entering FCMTC must attend a Sportsman’s Orientation class and comply with post regulations. Class schedule and locations are available by calling 479-484-3995, ext 2.
- Consumptive users must purchase a biannual sportsman’s permit ($20) while nonconsumptive or recreational users are required to have a biannual recreational permit ($5 charge). Both are available at the class. Renewals or replacements are available Tuesdays and Thursdays from the Environmental Office, 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
- FCMTC’s modern gun and muzzleloader special hunt permit holders are required to have a current, valid recreational or sportsman’s permit in order to participate. Renewals will no longer be made on the day of the hunt.
- Gates 16 and 22 open at 4:30 a.m. for the special hunts. Public use compartments may be closed due to military training.Legal access gates are posted with maps of compartments and calendars of compartment closures. To contact the post for compartment closures, call 479-484-3995, ext.1. Check Legal Access Gate bulletin boards each day. Users must have a valid recreational or sportsman’s permit in order to participate.
- Public use compartments may be closed due to military training.
|Leased Land Permit Required||No|