Wildlife Management Area Details 

Where to Hunt | View all Wildlife Management Areas


NameFort Chaffee WMA
WMA Zone230
County CoverageCrawford, Franklin, Sebastian
Seasons and Regulations
Youth Hunt: April 8-9, 2017. Two bearded turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 10-25, 2017. Two bearded turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
Deer Archery: Sept. 24, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017.
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunt): Nov. 20, 2016.
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 19, 2016.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
• Two bucks with archery,
• Four does with archery,
• One buck or doe during muzzleloader permit hunts,
• One buck or doe during modern gun permit hunts.
Deer Notes: Three-point rule. No dogs.
Deer Permit:
Deer hunting on this area is restricted to special permit hunts.
Click here for more information and to apply.
Dec. 1, 2016-Feb. 5, 2017. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 21, 2017. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
  • Bear
  • Alligator
Area Notes:
  • Waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset during waterfowl season.
  • The Fort Chaffee Maneuver Training Center (FCMTC) has updated the Policy Statement and the Sportsman’s Map. The updated documents are available from the Environmental Office (Building 1370) on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. and are displayed on the legal access gate bulletin boards.
  • Persons entering FCMTC must attend a Sportsman’s Orientation class and comply with post regulations. Class schedule and locations are available by calling 479-484-3596, ext 2. Consumptive users must purchase a biennial sportsman’s permit ($20) while nonconsumptive or recreational users are required to have a biennial recreational permit ($5 charge). Both are available at the class. Renewals or replacements are available Tuesdays and Thursdays from the Environmental Office, 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
  • FCMTC’s modern gun and muzzleloader special hunt permit holders are required to have a current, valid recreational or sportsman’s permit in order to participate. Renewals will no longer be made on the day of the hunt.
  • Gates 16 and 22 open at 4:30 a.m. for the special hunts. Public use compartments may be closed due to military training. Legal access gates are posted with maps of compartments and calendars of open compartments. To contact the post for times the compartment is open to the public, call 479-484-3597. Check Legal Access Gate bulletin boards each day. 
Leased Land Permit RequiredNo
U.S. Army