|Seasons and Regulations|Turkey:
Youth Hunt: April 9-10, 2016. Two bearded turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt (permit required): April 16-18, April 23-25 and April 29-May 1, 2016. Two bearded turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
See Area Notes for Access Regulations
Deer Archery: Sept. 24, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017.
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunt):
Oct. 8-12, 2016.
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 5-9, 2016.
Deer Modern Gun (youth permit hunt): Jan. 7-8, 2017.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Three deer, no more than one buck, which may include:
• One buck with archery.
• Three does with archery.
• One buck and two does with muzzleloader permit.
• One buck and two does with modern gun permit.
15-inch inside spread or 18-inch main beam rule. No dogs. Hunters must harvest and check a doe on this WMA prior to harvesting a buck. A youth is not required to harvest a doe before harvesting a buck in any hunt. There are no antler restrictions for the youth permit hunt.
Bear Archery: Sept. 24-Nov. 30, 2016.
Bear Muzlleloader: Oct. 8-12, 2016 (deer permit holders only).
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 5-9, 2016 (deer permit holders only).
Bear Notes: Statewide bag limit. No dogs. Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached.
Nov. 1, 2016-Feb. 5, 2017.
Weekends only. Limit 4. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 21, 2017. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- CWD regulations apply in Pope County. Click here for details.
- A free Sweet 16 WMA permit is required to hunt any species on this WMA. Click here to receive your permit.
- It is unlawful to use any device that simulates wing movement or movement of any kind through electrical or mechanical means, except traditional jerk strings.
- For all hunters except deer modern gun permit holders during the deer permit hunt, the Steve Frick Waterfowl Rest Area is closed to access Nov. 1 and will reopen to access Feb. 16.
- No boats allowed from noon to 4 a.m., Nov. 19-Jan. 29.
- Exception 1 - Boats allowed from noon until 6:30 p.m., Dec. 3, Jan. 27-29 and Feb. 4.
- Exception 2 - Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. on the following waters:
- West Fork Point Remove Creek
- East Fork Point Remove Creek
- Closed to all access (except in designated campsites, parking areas, boat launch ramps and boat staging areas) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 19-Jan. 29 and Feb. 4.
- Click here for additional boating regulations on WMAs
- Airboats may not be operated within Ed Gordon Point Remove WMA during duck season.
- Nonresidents need a Nonresident Wildlife Management Area Waterfowl Hunting Permit to hunt waterfowl.
- Crow, dove, rabbit and squirrel seasons are open on the Wylie Cox Field Special Use Area unless closed by reservation (field trial, etc.), permit hunt, or for administration/maintenance. Closure schedule will be displayed at the SUA clubhouse
- Dog training is allowed Sept. 1-April 1. Dog trainers must possess a current Arkansas hunting license. The area closes to dog training during field trials. The area includes 140 acres east of Cargile Lake and south and west of County Road 26.