Youth Hunt: April 11-12, 2015. Two bearded turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt (permit required): April 18-19, April 25-26 and May 2-3, 2015. Two bearded turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
See Area Notes for Access Regulations
Deer Archery: Sept. 27, 2014-Feb. 28, 2015.
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunt): Oct. 11-15, 2014.
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 1-5, 2014.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Three deer, no more than one buck, which may include:
• One buck with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun permit.
• Three does with archery.
• Two does with muzzleloader permit.
• Two does with modern gun permit.
15-inch inside spread or 18-inch main beam rule. No dogs. Hunters must harvest and check a doe on this WMA before harvesting a buck.
Bear Archery: Sept. 26-Nov. 30, 2015.
Bear Muzlleloader: Oct. 10-14, 2015 (deer permit holders only).
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 7-11, 2015 (deer permit holders only).
Bear Notes: Statewide bag limit. Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached.
Nov. 1, 2015-Feb. 7, 2016.
Weekends only. Limit 4. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2015-Feb. 29, 2016. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Closed on Wylie Cox Special Use Area. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2015-Feb. 29, 2016. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2015-Feb. 21,2016. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- Deer muzzleloader
- Bear muzzleloader
- A free Sweet 16 WMA permit is required to hunt any species on this WMA. Click here to receive your permit.
- Bobcat and coyote hunting seasons are closed unless another hunting season is open.
- Steve Frick Waterfowl Rest Area is open only to modern gun deer permit holders Nov. 1-5.
- No boats allowed from 1 p.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 22-Jan. 25 and Jan. 31-Feb. 1.
- Exception - Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Jan. 23-25 and Jan. 31-Feb. 1
- Closed to all access (except in designated campsites, parking areas, boat launch ramps and boat staging areas) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 22-Jan. 25 and Jan. 31-Feb. 1.
- Airboats may not be operated within Ed Gordon Point Remove WMA during duck season.
- Nonresidents need a Nonresident Wildlife Management Area Waterfowl Hunting Permit to hunt waterfowl.
- Wylie Cox Field Trial Area is closed to hunting except for dove hunting the first week of the statewide season. Dog training is allowed Sept. 1-April 1. Dog trainers must possess a current Arkansas hunting license. The area closes to dog training during field trials. Signs are posted when a field trial is in progress. The area includes 140 acres east of Cargile Lake and south and west of County Road 26.