Youth Hunt: April 12-13, 2014. Two bearded turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 19-27, 2014. Two bearded turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
Deer Archery: Sept. 28, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014.
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Oct. 26-30, 2013.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Three deer, no more than one buck, which may include:
• One buck with archery or modern gun permit.
• Three does with archery.
• Two does with modern gun permit.
Deer Notes: 15-inch inside spread or 18-inch main beam rule. No dogs. Hunters must harvest and check a doe on this WMA before harvesting a buck.
Bear Archery: Oct. 1-Nov. 30, 2013.
Bear Modern Gun: Oct. 26-30, 2013 (deer permit holders only).
Bear Notes: Statewide bag limit. Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached.
Nov. 1, 2013-Feb. 2, 2014.
Weekends only. Limit 4. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2013-Feb. 29, 2014. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Closed on Wylie Cox Special Use Area. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2013-Feb. 21,2014. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- Deer muzzleloader
- Bear muzzleloader
- A free Sweet 16 WMA permit is required to hunt any species on this WMA. Click here to receive your permit.
- Bobcat and coyote hunting seasons are closed unless another hunting season is open.
- Steve Frick Waterfowl Rest Area is closed Nov. 1-Jan. 31.
- No boats are allowed before 4 a.m. or after 1 p.m. during duck season (including opening days of season segments), except Jan. 25-27 and during the Special Youth Waterfowl Hunt, Feb. 2-3, when boats may be used from 4 a.m. until 6:30 p.m.
- Closed to all trespassing (except parking areas and boat launch ramps) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m. during duck season (including opening days of season segments).
- Airboats may not be operated within Ed Gordon Point Remove WMA during duck season.
- Nonresidents need a Nonresident Wildlife Management Area Waterfowl Hunting Permit to hunt waterfowl.
- Wylie Cox Field Trial Area is closed to hunting except for dove hunting the first week of the statewide season. Dog training is allowed Sept. 1-April 1. Dog trainers must possess a current Arkansas hunting license. The area closes to dog training during field trials. Signs are posted when a field trial is in progress. The area includes 140 acres east of Cargile Lake and south and west of County Road 26.