Youth Hunt: April 8-9, 2017. Two bearded turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 10-25, 2017. Two bearded turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
Deer Archery: Sept. 24, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017 (no dogs).
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 15-23 and Dec. 29-31, 2016 (no dogs).
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 12-Dec. 18, 2016 (dogs allowed) and Dec. 26-28, 2016 (no dogs).
Deer Modern Gun (youth permit hunt): Oct. 1-2, 2016. (no dogs)
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2016 and Jan. 7-8, 2017. (no dogs)
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
• Two bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
• Four does with archery, muzzleloader and modern gun combined.
• During special youth hunt, youths may take four deer, two bucks (no antler restrictions) or up to four does.
• During youth permit hunt, youths may take four deer, two bucks (no antler restrictions) or up to four does with permit.
Deer Notes: Three-point rule.
Bear Archery: Sept. 24-Nov. 30, 2016.
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 15-23, 2016.
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 1-4 and Nov. 7-30, 2016.
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2016.
Bear Notes: Statewide limit. No dogs.
Nov. 1, 2016-Feb. 5, 2017. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 21, 2017. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- Contact the Corps of Engineers for a Youth Permit Hunt Application or Mobility-Impaired Waterfowl Hunt Permit Application at 870-246-5501.
- A mobility-impaired waterfowl hunt will be held and administered by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers personnel on the Lower DeGray Lake Waterfowl Rest Area. A free permit is required. During this hunt, access on the Lower DeGray Lake Waterfowl Rest Area is limited to mobility-impaired permit holders. The hunt is Jan 21-22, 2017. Call 870-246-5501 for permit details and application.
- Loaded firearms are prohibited on the Lower DeGray Lake Waterfowl Rest Area except by permit holders during special hunts.
- Other hunting seasons remain open during permit hunts on DeGray Lake WMA.
- Waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset during waterfowl season.
- No hunting within designated recreation areas.