|County Coverage||Franklin, Johnson, Logan, Pope, Yell|
|Seasons and Regulations|Turkey:
Youth Hunt: April 13-14, 2013. Two bearded turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 20-May 5, 2013. Two bearded turkeys, no jakes (Youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal bag limit).
Nov. 17-25, Dec. 6-23, Dec. 26-Jan. 27
Deer Archery: Sept. 15-Feb. 28.
Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area: Oct. 1-31 and Feb. 1-28.
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 20-28 and Dec. 15-17.
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 10-Dec. 2. (dogs allowed except on islands) and Dec. 26-28. (no dogs)
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 3-4 and Jan. 5-6. (no dogs)
Deer Special Modern Gun Mobility Impaired (permit hunt): Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area only: Nov. 3-4. Five permits for Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area. (no dogs) Call the Corps of Engineers at 479-968-5008 ext. 268. Shotguns with slugs and muzzleloaders shooting a single projectile may be used for the hunt on the Johnson County WRA.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Three deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
• Two bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
• Two does with archery.
Deer Notes: Three-point rule. No more than two bucks (no antler restrictions) or two does may be taken during the Johnson County WRA Special Mobility Impaired Permit season. Limit during the modern gun special youth hunt is two deer: no more than two bucks (no antler restrictions) and one doe.
Nov. 1, 2012-Feb. 3, 2013.
Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area is closed. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Closed on Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area. Dogs allowed except during muzzleloader deer hunt, Dec. 26-28 or on the islands during any firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 3, 2012-Feb. 21,2013. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- The WMA boundary includes lands within the Corps of Engineers boundary, including islands and shoreline acreage.
- Additional Corps of Engineers regulations apply. Contact Corps of Engineers, P.O. Box 1087, Russellville, AR 72801, 479-968-5008.
- Waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset during the waterfowl season.
- Waterfowl hunting ends at noon on McKennon Bottoms and Hartman Waterfowl Units, except Jan. 25-27, when it is allowed from 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset.
- Waterfowl hunting is not allowed on that part of Big Spadra and Little Spadra creeks north of the railroad, east of Crawford Street, south of I-40 and west of Arkansas Highway 103.
- Dogs and hunting or trapping devices are not allowed on Johnson County, Horsehead Creek and Bob Young waterfowl rest areas.
- Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area is closed Nov. 5-Jan. 31.
- Horsehead Creek and Bob Young Waterfowl Rest Areas are closed Nov. 1-Feb. 15.
- Access on Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area on Nov. 3-4 is limited to Mobility Impaired Modern Gun Deer Permit holders.
|Leased Land Permit Required||No|
|Ownership||U.S. Corps of Engineers