|County Coverage||Franklin, Johnson, Logan, Pope, Yell|
|Seasons and Regulations|Turkey:
Youth Hunt: April 9-10, 2016. Two bearded turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 16-May 1, 2016. Two bearded turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
Deer Archery: Sept. 24, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017.
Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area: Sept. 24-Oct. 31, 2016 and Feb. 16-28, 2017.
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 15-23 and Dec. 10-12, 2016.
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 12- Dec. 4 (dogs allowed except on islands) and Dec. 26-28 (no dogs), 2016.
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2016 and Jan. 7-8, 2017 (no dogs).
Deer Special Modern Gun Mobility Impaired (permit hunt): Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area only: Oct. 29-30. Five permits for Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area. (no dogs) Call the Corps of Engineers at 479-968-5008 ext. 268. Shotguns with slugs and muzzleloaders shooting a single projectile may be used for the hunt on the Johnson County WRA.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
• Two bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
• Four does with archery.
• One doe with muzzleloader or modern gun.
• During youth hunt, youths may take three deer, two bucks (no antler restrictions) and one doe.
• During mobility impaired hunt, mobility-impaired hunters may take two deer, two bucks (no antler restrictions) and two does with permit.
Deer Notes: Three-point rule.
Nov. 1, 2016-Feb. 7, 2017.
Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area, Horsehead Creek and Bob Young WRA are closed. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Closed on Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area. Dogs allowed except during muzzleloader deer hunt, Dec. 26-28 or on the islands during any firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts when dogs are not allowed. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 21, 2017. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- CWD regulations apply in Johnson, Logan, Pope and Yell counties. Click here for details.
- The WMA boundary includes lands within the Corps of Engineers boundary, including islands and shoreline acreage.
- Additional Corps of Engineers regulations apply. Contact Corps of Engineers, P.O. Box 1087, Russellville, AR 72801, 479-968-5008.
- Dogs, hunting or trapping equipment are not allowed on Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area, except as noted above.
- Horsehead Creek and Bob Young WRAs are closed to all hunting and trespassing from Nov. 1-Feb. 15 and will reopen Feb. 16.
- Johnson County WRA closes to access Nov. 1 and reopens to access Feb. 16 except for mobility-impaired deer hunt permit holders.
- Waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset during the waterfowl season.
- Waterfowl hunting ends at noon on McKennon Bottoms and Potter's Pothole Units, except Dec. 5, Jan. 29-31 and Feb. 6, when it is allowed from 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset.
- Waterfowl hunting is not allowed on that part of Big Spadra and Little Spadra creeks north of the railroad, east of Crawford Street, south of I-40 and west of Arkansas Highway 103.
|Leased Land Permit Required||No|
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers