Youth Hunt (permit required, hunting ends at 1 p.m., daily): April 11-12, 2015. One bearded turkey.
Firearms Hunt (permit required, hunting ends at 1 p.m., daily):
April 18-20, April 25-27, and May 1-3, 2015. One bearded turkey, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal bag limit).
Archery Hunt (no permit required):
April 21-23 and April 28-30, 2015. Two bearded turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
See Area Notes for Access Regulations
Deer Archery: Sept. 27, 2014-Feb. 28, 2015.
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunt): Oct. 18-22, 2014.
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 8-12, 2014.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
• Two bucks with archery,
• Four does with archery,
• One buck and one doe with muzzleloader permit,
• One buck and one doe with modern gun permit.
Deer Notes: 15-inch inside spread or 18-inch main beam rule. No dogs.
Nov. 1, 2014-Feb. 1, 2015. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2014-Feb. 28, 2015. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2014-Feb. 28, 2015. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2014-Feb. 21,2015. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
Waterfowl hunters may not possess shot shells containing shot larger than No. 2 and may possess no more than 15 shells unless hunters are in camping, parking or boat launching areas or during the Special Youth Waterfowl Hunt.
Travel by boat is allowed only on Cut-off Creek.
- No boats allowed from 1 p.m.-4 a.m., Nov. 22-Jan. 25 and Jan. 31-Feb. 1.
- Exception 1 - Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Jan. 22-25 and Jan. 31-Feb. 1.
- Exception 2 - Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. on the following waters:
- Closed to all access (except in designated campsites, parking areas, boat launch ramps and boat staging areas) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 22-Jan. 25 and Jan. 31-Feb. 1.
Airboats may not be operated during duck season.
Nonresidents need a Nonresident Wildlife Management Hunting Permit to hunt waterfowl.