Deer Archery: Sept. 24, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017.
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunt): Jan. 14-16, 2017.
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Dec. 3-5, 2016.
Deer Modern Gun (youth permit hunt): Nov. 26-27, 2016.
Deer Modern Gun Mobility Impaired (permit hunt): Oct. 22-24, 2016.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Four deer, no more than two bucks and two does, which may include:
• One buck with archery,
• One buck with muzzleloader permit,
• One buck with modern gun permit,
• Two antlerless with archery, muzzleloader permit or modern gun permit.
• During youth permit hunt, youths may take three deer, one buck (no antler restrictions) and two does with permit.
• During mobility impaired permit hunt, mobility impaired hunters may take three deer, one buck and two does with permit.
15-inch inside spread or 18-inch main beam rule. No dogs. Hunters must harvest and check a doe on Freddie Black Choctaw Island WMA Deer Research Area prior to harvesting a buck. A youth is not required to harvest a doe before harvesting a buck during any hunt.