Youth Hunt (permit required): April 11-12, 2015. One bearded turkey.
Firearms Hunt (permit required): April 18-20, April 25-27 and May 1-3, 2015. One bearded turkey, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal bag limit).
Archery Hunt (no permit required):
April 21-23, and April 28-30, 2015. Two bearded turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal bag limit).
See Area Notes for Access Regulations
Deer Archery: Sept. 26, 2015-Jan. 31, 2016.
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunt): Jan. 9-11, 2016.
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 28-30, 2015.
Deer Modern Gun (youth permit hunt): Nov. 21-22, 2015.
Deer Modern Gun Mobility Impaired (permit hunt): Oct. 24-26, 2015.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Four deer, no more than two bucks and two does, which may include:
• One buck with archery,
• One buck with muzzleloader permit,
• One buck with modern gun permit,
• Two does with archery, muzzleloader permit or modern gun permit.
15-inch inside spread or 18-inch main beam rule. No dogs. A doe must be harvested and checked on this WMA before a buck may be harvested during any hunt, except during the modern gun youth permit hunt. Limit during the modern gun youth permit hunt is three deer, one buck (no antler restrictions) and two does.
Nov. 1, 2015-Feb. 7, 2016. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2015-Feb. 29, 2016. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2015-Feb. 29, 2016. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2015-Feb. 21,2016. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- A free Sweet 16 WMA permit is required to hunt any species on this WMA. Click here to receive your permit.
- Freddie Black Choctaw Island WMA Deer Research Area East Unit closes to deer hunting when the Mississippi River gauge at Arkansas City reaches 31 feet and remains closed until the gauge falls to 29 feet or below. Click here for details.
- Horses and mules are prohibited during deer season.
- No boats allowed from 1 p.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 22-Jan. 25 and Jan. 31-Feb. 1.
- Exception 1 - Boats allowed within the Mississippi River.
- Exception 2 - Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Jan. 23-25 and Jan. 31-Feb. 1
- Exception 3 - Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. on the following waters:
- Kate Adams Lake, Pothole Lake and Rocky Hole Lake.
- Closed to all access (except in Mississippi River, designated campsites, parking areas, boat launch ramps and boat staging areas) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 22-Jan. 25 and Jan. 31-Feb. 1.