|Name||Freddie Black Choctaw Island WMA Deer Research Area West Unit|
|Seasons and Regulations|Waterfowl:
• Closed to waterfowl hunting except youth waterfowl permit holders and their mentors: Dec. 19-20,
26-27, Jan. 2-3, 9-10, 16-17, 23-24, 30-31 and Feb. 6.
• Hunting ends at noon on these days.
• Hunting allowed in designated locations through online permit lottery.
• No more than five participants per party are allowed in each designated location, minimum of one
mentor per group, not to exceed two mentors per group (mentors cannot hunt).
• Visit www.ark.org/agfc/permitting/apply.php
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 5-6, 2016
Deer Modern Gun (youth permit hunt): Nov. 19-20, Nov. 26-27, Dec. 3-4 and Dec. 10-11, 2016.
Three deer, no more than one buck, which may include:
• Two does with modern gun permit,
• One buck with modern gun youth permit,
• Two does with modern gun youth permit.
Deer Notes: No dogs allowed. No antler restrictions.
Nov. 1, 2016-Feb. 7, 2017. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 21, 2017. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
|Leased Land Permit Required||No|