|County Coverage||Cleburne, Conway, Independence, Logan, Pope, Scott, Stone, Van Buren|
|Seasons and Regulations|Turkey:
Youth Hunt: April 12-13, 2014. Two bearded turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 19-May 4, 2014. Two bearded turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
Deer Archery: Sept. 28, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014.
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 19-27 and Dec. 14-16, 2013.
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 9-Dec. 1 and Dec. 26-28, 2013.
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 2-3, 2013 and Jan. 4-5, 2014.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
• Two bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
• Four does with archery,
• One doe with muzzleloader and modern gun combined.
Deer Notes: Three-point rule. No dogs. Limit during the modern gun special youth hunt is two deer: one buck (no antler restrictions) and one doe.
Bear Archery: Oct. 1-Nov. 30, 2013.
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 19-27, 2013.
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 4-30, 2013.
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 2-3, 2013.
Bear Notes: Statewide bag limit. Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached.
Nov. 1, 2013-Feb. 2, 2014. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2013-Feb. 21,2014. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- Permanent deer stands are not allowed.
- A Cherokee WMA leased lands permit is required to hunt or trap wildlife on the area. Leased land permits may be purchased at any license vendor, AGFC regional office or online.
- Hunters in possession of a valid Cherokee WMA leased lands permit are allowed to use ATVs, motorcycles or bicycles only on open, maintained roads during an open hunting season while traveling to or from a campsite or hunting location.
- Dogs may be used for coyote, fox and bobcat hunting when furbearer hunting season is open and firearms deer season is closed.
|Leased Land Permit Required||Yes|
|Ownership||Green Bay Packaging, Inc.|