|Seasons and Regulations|Turkey:
Turkey Season Closed
Nov. 17-25, Dec. 6-23, Dec. 26-Jan. 27
Deer Archery: Sept. 15-Feb. 28.
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 10-12.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Two deer, no more than one buck, which may include:
• One buck with archery,
• Two does with archery,
• One buck or doe with modern gun permit.
Deer Notes: Three-point rule. No dogs.
Bear Archery: Oct. 1-Nov. 30, 2011. Statewide bag limit. No dogs.
Bear Notes: Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached.
May 18-Sept. 30, 2013. Daily limit-12, possession limit 48.
Crow: Sept. 1-30. No limit.
- Deer muzzleloader
- Bear muzzleloader
- Bear modern gun
- Only enclosed, pull-activated, dog-proof traps may be used.
- Waterfowl hunting is closed on all of Lake Conway, except Caney Creek, Dix Creek, Palarm Creek, and Pierce Creek bays.
- Waterfowl hunting ends at noon.
- Dog trainers and people horseback riding for pleasure must register at the Headquarters Information Station prior to using the area.
- Horseback riding for pleasure is allowed year-round; except during scheduled events, including field trials, in which the public use compartments are reserved.
- Bird dog, rabbit dog, and waterfowl retriever training is allowed Sept. 15-April 1 except during firearm deer hunts and after supplemental quail releases.
- A current Arkansas hunting license is required for dog training. Trainers are restricted to eight dogs and may not train more than 3 days per week nor more than 2 consecutive days in a two-week period.
- Waterfowl retriever training is allowed year-round in Compartment 5.
- Live ammunition is prohibited for dog training.
- Camping is limited to 7 days and campers must register at the sign-in booth in the campground upon arrival.
- Check the current public use schedule before accessing the area.