Youth Hunt: April 9-10, 2016. Two bearded turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 16-May 1, 2016. Two bearded turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
Deer Archery: Sept. 26, 2015-Feb. 29, 2016.
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 17-25 and Dec. 12-14, 2015.
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 14-Dec. 6 and Dec. 26-28, 2015.
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 7-8, 2015 and Jan. 2-3, 2016.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Two deer, no more than one buck, which may include:
• One buck with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
• Two does with archery,
• One doe with muzzleloader.
Deer Notes: Three-point rule. No dogs. Limit during the modern gun special youth hunt is one deer, buck (no antler restrictions) or doe.
Bear Archery: Sept. 26-Nov. 30, 2015.
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 17-25, 2015.
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 1-6 and 9-30, 2015.
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 7-8, 2015.
Bear Notes: Statewide limit. Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached.
Sept. 20-24 and Dec. 6-10. Permit required.
Nov. 1, 2015-Feb. 7, 2016. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2015-Feb. 29, 2016. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2015-Feb. 29, 2016. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2015-Feb. 21,2016. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- Furbearer trapping
- This area is administered by the National Park Service in conjunction with AGFC. Please visit the Superintendent's Compendium available at http://nps.gov/buff for additional Federal regulations.
- Chase for pleasure and dog training are not allowed.
- Discharging firearms across, into or from the Buffalo River and its gravel bars is not allowed.
- Hunting is not allowed in developed areas.
- Firearms and crossbows must be unloaded and cased or broken down when carried in or on a vehicle or boat and when in a developed campground.
- The operation of unlicensed off-road motor vehicles is not allowed on roads, lands and waters within the Buffalo National River. Vehicles may not travel off-road.
- Campsites may not remain unattended for more than 24 hours.
- Sylamore WMA seasons and regulations apply to Buffalo National River lands in Marion and Baxter counties lying east of Big Creek and south and east of the Buffalo River.