|Name||Buffalo National River WMA|
|County Coverage||Baxter, Marion, Newton, Searcy|
|Seasons and Regulations|Turkey:
Youth Hunt: April 9-10, 2016. Two bearded turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 16-May 1, 2016. Two bearded turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
Deer Archery: Sept. 24, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017.
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 15-23 and Dec. 10-12, 2016.
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 12-Dec. 4 and Dec. 26-28, 2016.
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2016 and Jan. 7-8, 2017.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
• Two bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun (no antler restriction),
• Four antlerless deer with archery,
• Two antlerless deer with muzzleloader or modern gun.
• During the youth hunt, youths may take four deer, two bucks (no antler restrictions) and two antlerless deer.
Deer Notes: No antler restrictions. No dogs.
Bear Archery: Sept. 24-Nov. 30, 2016.
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 15-23, 2016.
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 1-4 and Nov. 7-30, 2016.
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2016.
Bear Notes: Statewide limit. No dogs. Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached.
Oct. 3-7 and Oct. 31-Nov. 4, 2016. Permit required.
Nov. 1, 2016-Feb. 7, 2017. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 21, 2017. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- Furbearer trapping
- CWD regulations apply in Marion, Newton and Searcy counties. Click here for details.
- No antler point restrictions for buck harvest.
- This area is administered by the National Park Service in conjunction with AGFC. Please visit the Superintendent's Compendium available at http://nps.gov/buff for additional Federal regulations.
- Chase for pleasure and dog training are not allowed.
- Discharging firearms across, into or from the Buffalo River and its gravel bars is not allowed.
- Hunting is not allowed in developed areas.
- Firearms and crossbows must be unloaded and cased or broken down when in a developed campground.
- The operation of off-road motor vehicles is not allowed on roads, lands and waters within the Buffalo National River. Vehicles may not travel off-road.
- Campsites may not remain unattended for more than 24 hours.
- Sylamore WMA seasons and regulations apply to Buffalo National River lands in Marion and Baxter counties lying east of Big Creek and south and east of the Buffalo River.
|Leased Land Permit Required||No|
National Park Service