|Name||Bell Slough WMA|
|Location||Bell Slough WMA lies just south of Mayflower off Interstate 40.
|Seasons and Regulations|Turkey:
See Camp Robinson WMA for turkey season details.
See Area Notes for Access Regulations
Deer Archery: Sept. 26, 2015-Feb. 29, 2016.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
- Two bucks with archery,
- Four does with archery.
Deer Notes: Three-point rule. No dogs.
Bear Archery: Sept. 26-Nov. 30, 2015.
Bear Notes: Statewide limit. Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached.
Nov. 1, 2015-Feb. 7, 2016. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2015-Feb. 29, 2016. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed.
May 15, 2015-Feb. 29, 2016. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2015-Feb. 21,2016. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- Deer muzzleloader
- Deer modern gun
- Bear muzzleloader
- Bear modern gun
- Waterfowl hunters may not possess shot shells containing shot larger than No. 2 and may possess no more than 15 shells unless hunters are in camping, parking or boat launching areas or during the Special Youth Waterfowl Hunt.
- No boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 4 a.m., Nov. 22-Jan. 25 and Jan. 31-Feb. 1.
- Exception - boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Jan. 23-25 and Jan. 31-Feb. 1.
- Closed to all access (except in designated campsites, parking areas, boat launch ramps and boat staging areas) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 22-Jan. 25 and Jan. 31-Feb. 1.
- Airboats may not be operated within Bell Slough WMA during duck season.
- Nonresidents need a Nonresident Wildlife Management Area Waterfowl Hunting Permit to hunt waterfowl.
- Hunters gaining access to Grassy Lake from Bell Slough are not required to have a sportsman’s pass, but must stay in or on the water. For information on the sportsman’s pass, call (501) 212-5155.
- Palarm Creek Waterfowl Rest Area closes to access Nov. 1-Feb. 15.
- Firearms are restricted to shotguns and rimfire rifles.
|Leased Land Permit Required||No|
|Description||Bell Slough WMA consists of 2,040 acres of woodlands and wetlands nestled between Little Rock and the growing city of Conway. Palarm Creek Rest Area offers birders a chance to view waterfowl, shorebirds and Neotropical migrants, and provides feeding and loafing habitat for migrating waterfowl.
|Access||Access to Bell Slough is available from Grassy Lake Road and from the backside of the Lake Conway Dam.
|Hunting Opportunities||Waterfowl hunting is available at Bell Slough. Mallards and wood ducks are the primary waterfowl species seen on the area during winter. Bowhunting for deer and squirrel hunting are available on the area as well.
|Recreation Other Than Hunting|
The area is home to Kenny Vernon Nature Trail. The trail offers excellent day-hiking and bird-watching and boasts an observation area with mounted binoculars near Palarm Creek Waterfowl Rest Area.
|Restaurants and Other Facilities||Restaurants are available in Conway and Little Rock, both a 15-minute drive from the area.
|Safety||Because the area is home to a nature trail, hunters should pay particular attention to hikers and birdwatchers who may not be wearing safety orange. Hikers and birdwatchers are strongly encouraged to wear safety orange during hunting seasons.