|Name||Beaver Lake WMA|
|County Coverage||Benton, Carroll, Madison|
Beaver Lake WMA includes all the U.S. Corps of Engineers land surrounding Beaver Lake in the northwest corner of the state. It also includes the Devil's Eyebrow Natural Area owned by the Arkansas Natural Heritage Commission.
|Seasons and Regulations|Turkey:
Turkey Season Closed.
Deer Archery (including Devil’s Eyebrow Unit): Sept. 24, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017.
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 15-23 and Dec. 10-12, 2016.
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 12-Dec. 4 and Dec. 26-28, 2016.
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2016 and Jan. 7-8, 2017.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
• Two bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
• Four does with archery,
• Two does with muzzleloader or modern gun.
• During youth hunt, youths may take four deer, two bucks (no antler restrictions) and two does.
Deer Notes: Devil's Eyebrow Unit open to archery only. Three-point rule. No dogs. Only shotguns (.410 and larger) with slugs (no buckshot allowed) or muzzleloading rifles shooting a single projectile are allowed on the rest of Beaver Lake WMA.
Bear Archery: Sept. 24-Nov. 30, 2016.
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 15-23, 2016.
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 1-4 and Nov. 7-30, 2016. This area has special firearms restrictions; see Bear Notes.
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2016. This area has special firearms restrictions; see Bear Notes.
Bear Notes: Statewide bag limit. No dogs. Bear seasons close earlier if zone quota is reached. Only shotguns (20-gauge and larger) with slugs (no buckshot allowed) or muzzleloading rifles shooting a single projectile are allowed.
Nov. 1, 2016-Feb. 5, 2017. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2016-Feb. 8, 2017. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 19, 2017. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- Hunting is prohibited in areas designated as parks, closed parks, leased parks, Blackburn Creek Watchable Wildlife Area and in proximity to the dam and water intake structures. Please reference the Beaver Lake Project Map. Maps can be obtained at the Project Office located at 2260 N. 2nd St., Rogers, AR.
- Hunting is permitted within the Corps of Engineers boundary, including the island and shoreline acreage.
- Hunting with dogs is not allowed on islands during deer season.
- Use of bird dogs is restricted to quail season; retrievers to waterfowl season.
- Devil's Eyebrow unit is closed to deer and bear firearms hunting.
- Waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset during waterfowl season.
|Leased Land Permit Required||No|
|About the Name|
The WMA is named after the U.S. Corps of Engineers lake it surrounds.
U.S. Corps of Engineers
Beaver Lake WMA consists of 8,007 acres (includes Devil's Eyebrow Natural Area).
|Recreation Other Than Hunting|
Excellent fishing opportunities are available on Beaver Lake. The clear water of the lake also offers recreational boating, scuba diving and swimming opportunities to visitors.
Camping is available at U.S. Army Corps of Engineers campgrounds.