|Name||Beaver Lake WMA|
|County Coverage||Benton, Carroll, Madison|
Beaver Lake WMA includes all the U.S. Corps of Engineers land surrounding Beaver Lake in the northwest corner of the state. It also includes the Devil's Eyebrow Natural Area owned by the Arkansas Natural Heritage Commission.
|Seasons and Regulations|Turkey:
Turkey Season Closed.
Deer Archery: Sept. 28, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014.
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 19-27 and Dec. 14-16, 2013.
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 9-Dec. 1 and Dec. 26-28, 2013.
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 2-3, 2013 and Jan. 4-5, 2014.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
- Two bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
- Four does with archery.
- Two does with muzzleloader and modern gun combined.
Deer Notes: Three-point rule. No dogs. Limit during the modern gun special youth hunt is four deer: two bucks and two does. Only shotguns (.410 and larger) with slugs (no buckshot allowed) or muzzleloading rifles shooting a single projectile are allowed.
Bear Archery: Oct. 1-Nov. 30, 2013.
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 19-27, 2013.
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 4-30, 2013.
This area has special firearms restrictions; see Area Notes.
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 2-3, 2013. This area has special firearms restrictions; see Area Notes.
Bear Notes: Statewide bag limit. Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached.
Nov. 1, 2013-Feb. 2, 2014. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2013-Feb. 21,2014. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- Includes land within the Corps of Engineers boundary, including islands and shoreline acreage.
- Only shotguns with slugs (no buckshot) or muzzleloading rifles shooting a single projectile are allowed during modern gun hunts.
- Hunting with dogs is not allowed on islands during deer season.
- Use of bird dogs is restricted to quail season; retrievers to waterfowl season.
- Devil's Eyebrow Unit closed to deer and bear firearm hunting.
- Waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset during waterfowl season.
|Leased Land Permit Required||No|
|About the Name|
The WMA is named after the U.S. Corps of Engineers lake it surrounds.
|Ownership||U.S. Corps of Engineers
Beaver Lake WMA consists of 7,781 acres, including the Devil's Eyebrow Natural Area.
|Recreation Other Than Hunting|
Excellent fishing opportunities are available on Beaver Lake. The clear water of the lake also offers recreational boating, scuba diving and swimming opportunities to visitors.
Camping is available at U.S. Army Corps of Engineers campgrounds.