New Page 2
< Back to Boating Education Overview
"One Summer Day - A Boating Safety Story"
The AGFC Boating Education Section worked with AGFC enforcement officers and other members of the AGFC staff to produce a compelling 23-minute feature video about how one bad decision on the water can ruin one of the most relaxing forms of outdoor recreation Arkansas has to offer. Click the link below to watch.
Who Needs a Boating Education Card?
Anyone born on or after Jan. 1, 1986, and of legal age to operate a motorboat or sailboat, must have successfully completed an approved AGFC Boating Education Course and carry proof while operating a motorboat or sailboat on Arkansas water.
- To operate a motorboat powered by an engine of 10 horsepower or more, a person must be 12 or older, or be under the direct supervision of a person at least 18 years old.
- To operate a personal watercraft, a person must be 16 or older, be 12 to 15 years old and be under the direct supervision of a person at least 18 years old, or be under 12 and be under the direct supervision of a person at least 21 years old.
Boating Education Classes
There are two ways to complete the Arkansas Boating Education course.
Free Instructor-led Classes
The traditional method is an instructor-led class. These classes may be a couple of hours each night for three to four nights or a full-day Saturday class.
Boat Arkansas ($24.50 fee)
Boat Arkansas is the official online course of the AGFC. Study at home, then take the in-person exam at an AGFC testing site to receive your Arkansas Boating Education Certificate.
To Replace a Boating Education Card
- Click here to enter your information online.
- Print a free replacement card from your computer, or
- Have a standard blue Boating Education Card mailed to you for $5.
- Click here to download and fill out a replacement form.
- Mail it with a check or money order for $5, or
- Visit any AGFC regional office or nature center and receive a printed copy free of charge.
- If you choose, you also can take the course again and receive another card for free. Click here for a list of scheduled Boating Education courses.