< Back to Education Programs
Wings Over Arkansas is an award-based program recognizing bird watchers’ contributions to Arkansas’s outdoors. Start a checklist of birds you've seen and receive a decorative pin and certificate identifying your level of birding experience.
How to Participate
- Record each species you identify by sight or sound in the Arkansas Bird Checklist.
- Transfer your recorded species to the official Wings Over Arkansas Application Checklist (included with application packet). You may submit photocopies of pages from your Arkansas Bird Checklist.
- Mail application and bird records to Wings Over Arkansas Coordinator, Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, 2 Natural Resources Drive, Little Rock, AR 72205.
- Allow six weeks for delivery of certificate and pin.
- Link to Related Documents to download program materials.
Arkansas Bird Checklist
Many bird watchers enjoy keeping a list of all the birds they have identified. It can be a thrill to see a species for the first time and add it to your life list. Many people keep journals and add information to each entry, such as the date, location and with whom they were birding.
Life lists reflect bird species you have seen and where you have seen them. They are a terrific way to record memories. Seeing a new species may remind us of a special trip, a wonderful hiking experience, the back yard of a former home, or a fun time with a bird-watching friend.
Many beginning and advanced bird watchers enjoy keeping many types of lists, such as a yearly list, a state list for birds seen in Arkansas and individual lists for each birding adventure. A great way to start is with a yard list, adding every species of bird that visits your property. You will be amazed at how long the list will grow.
The Arkansas Bird Checklist reflects bird species found in Arkansas and is a great way to begin keeping track of the birds you spot. As you become more familiar with bird identification, you may want to create a separate, all-inclusive life list and transfer your sightings from this list to it.
Wings Over Arkansas Birding Program Brochure
This brochure provides complete information about the Wings Over Arkansas program.
Wings Over Arkansas Application Checklist
This checklist is designed for birders to transfer information from their Arkansas Bird Checklist or other master list to this copy to complete your Wings Over Arkansas application. You may also provide photocopies.
Wings Over Arkansas Application
Birders will use this application to record each species identified by sight or sound in the Arkansas Bird Checklist.
- All bird listings must include species name, date and location of sighting.
- All birds listed must be in Arkansas when identified.
- All birds listed must be alive, wild and unrestrained when observed.
- All birds listed must be identified by sight or sound by the person submitting the application.
- Retroactive bird lists are acceptable.
||300 or More
|Name | Title:|| | Wings Over Arkansas Coordinator|
|Address:||2 Natural Resources Drive, Little Rock, AR 72205|
|Phone | Email:||501-223-6351 | Email|