< Back to Education Overview
Internship applications will be accepted through March 29, 2013.
The AGFC’s internship program allows students to gain practical experience and meet hands-on training requirements necessary to earn their degrees and gain valuable career-oriented experience.
Program Goals and Opportunities
Students participating in the competitive internship program are provided an opportunity to:
- Gain important and practical job skills in the conservation field while helping AGFC meet education and conservation goals;
- Choose a career path in conservation and make a long-term commitment to the management of Arkansas's natural resources;
- Obtain college credit;
- Network with public and private agencies concerning environmental programs and projects.
To qualify for an internship, an applicant:
- Must have a declared degree.
- Must have 60 hours of college credit by the time the internship begins.
- Must be a full-time student at an Arkansas college at the time of application.
- Must be an Arkansas resident paying in-state tuition.
- Must have a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Must be enrolled in a summer internship course or plan to attend college the semester after the internship.
- Must demonstrate coursework or knowledge related to work area.
Selected interns will coordinate directly with their universities to obtain course credit for their work. Priority will be given to interns from universities who provide course credit hours for internships.
In general, internships are no more than 400 hours in duration at a stipend of $12.75 per hour.
The American Fisheries Society sponsors the Hutton Junior Fisheries Biology Program, a summer mentoring program for high school students to stimulate interest in careers in fisheries science and management among groups underrepresented in the fisheries professions, including minorities and women. Application to the program is open to all sophomore, junior, and senior high school students regardless of race, creed, or gender.
|Name | Title:||Sarah Baxter | Internship Program Coordinator|
|Address:||2 Natural Resources Drive, Little Rock, AR 72205|
|Phone | Email:||501-978-7366 | Email|