EUCHA, Ok. -- The National Wild Turkey Federation will be hosting a wildlife field day for landowners, foresters and sportsmen on June 28 at the Spavinaw Wildlife Management Area. The WMA is located just west Gravette near the Arkansas state line.
The field day will include experts from Arkansas and Oklahoma. Topics for the event include:
- Wildlife habitat management techniques proven for wild turkeys, deer and quail
- Wild turkey status and management in Arkansas and Oklahoma
- Timber management practices and prescribed burning for wildlife
- State wildlife and forestry assistance programs for private landowners
- National Wild Turkey Federation outreach programs
- Habitat partnerships for the wild turkey
This event is an educational opportunity for landowners, foresters, land managers and sportsmen in northeast Oklahoma and northwest Arkansas in cooperation with the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, Arkansas Forestry Commission, Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation and Oklahoma Forestry Services with support from Arkansas and Oklahoma state chapters of the National Wild Turkey Federation.